Career Details for Statistical Assistants
Actuarial Assistant, Actuarial Technician, Research Analyst, Research Assistant
What they do:
Compile and compute data according to statistical formulas for use in statistical studies. May perform actuarial computations and compile charts and graphs for use by actuaries. Includes actuarial clerks.
On the job, you would:
- Compute and analyze data, using statistical formulas and computers or calculators.
- Check source data to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Enter data into computers for use in analyses or reports.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- customer service
- using math to solve problems
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- order or arrange things
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Financial analysis software
- GGY AXIS
- PolySystems Asset Delphi
Object or component oriented development software
|New job opportunities are less likely in the future.|
|per year, on average|