Career Details for Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
Case Manager, Eligibility Specialist, Program Eligibility Specialist, Workforce Services Representative (WSR)
What they do:
Determine eligibility of persons applying to receive assistance from government programs and agency resources, such as welfare, unemployment benefits, social security, and public housing.
On the job, you would:
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements, application details, payment methods, and applicants' legal rights.
- Interview benefits recipients at specified intervals to certify their eligibility for continuing benefits.
- Keep records of assigned cases, and prepare required reports.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Medicaid management information system MMIS
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Data base user interface and query software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Access
|New job opportunities are likely in the future.|
|per year, on average|