Career Details for Radiologists
Diagnostic Radiologist, Physician, Radiologist, Radiology Resident
What they do:
Examine and diagnose disorders and diseases using x-rays and radioactive materials. May treat patients.
On the job, you would:
- Obtain patients' histories from electronic records, patient interviews, dictated reports, or by communicating with referring clinicians.
- Prepare comprehensive interpretive reports of findings.
- Perform or interpret the outcomes of diagnostic imaging procedures including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computer tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET), nuclear cardiology treadmill studies, mammography, or ultrasound.
- medicine and dentistry
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Bizmatics PrognoCIS EMR
- Greenway Medical Technologies PrimeSUITE
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Email software
|New job opportunities are very likely in the future.|