Career Details for Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
Electronic Data Interchange System Developer (EDI System Developer), System Architect, Systems Engineer
What they do:
Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
On the job, you would:
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
- Extensible HyperText Markup Language XHTML
Development environment software
Data base management system software
- Oracle PL/SQL
|New job opportunities are likely in the future.|
|per year, on average|