Career Details for Compensation, Benefits, & Job Analysis Specialists
Benefits Analyst, Compensation Analyst, Compensation Consultant, Personnel Specialist
What they do:
Conduct programs of compensation and benefits and job analysis for employer. May specialize in specific areas, such as position classification and pension programs.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, and salary scales.
- human resources (HR)
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- law and government
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Human resources software
- ADP Workforce Now
- Human resource management software HRMS
Data base user interface and query software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Access
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle PeopleSoft
|New job opportunities are less likely in the future.|
|per year, on average|