Career Details for Farm Labor Contractors
Farm Labor Contractor, Field Manager, Field Supervisor
What they do:
Recruit and hire seasonal or temporary agricultural laborers. May transport, house, and provide meals for workers.
On the job, you would:
- Pay wages of contracted farm laborers.
- Provide food, drinking water, and field sanitation facilities to contracted workers.
- Recruit and hire agricultural workers.
Arts and Humanities
- foreign language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- human resources (HR)
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Bookkeeping software
- Financial accounting software
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
|New job opportunities are likely in the future.|
|per year, on average|