What will I need to fill out the FAFSA® form?
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form, you will need:
- Your Social Security number
- Your Alien Registration number (if you aren’t a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA form using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID so you can electronically sign the FAFSA form.
If you’re a dependent student, then you’ll also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
Total Characters: 500 Remaining: