Find answers to common questions that FAFSA® filers may have.
- Why am I getting an error message when I use apostrophes or quotation marks on my Apple device?
- Which FAFSA® form should I file?
- What are the deadlines for filling out the FAFSA form?
- How can my parent fill out the FAFSA if they can’t use my FSA ID?
- Why do I have to submit my 2017 tax and income information on my 2019–20 FAFSA form?
- What do I do if my FSA ID email address hasn’t been verified?
- What do I do if I forgot my FSA ID username and password?
On This Page
Help for your parents if they will be working on your FAFSA® form.
- What if my parents have more than one child in college at the same time?
- Can my parent and I share the same FSA ID?
- Will I need my parent’s information?
- How can my parent fill out the FAFSA® form if he or she can’t use my FSA ID?
Help with the FAFSA® process before you begin.
- Am I eligible to receive financial aid?
- What are the deadlines for filling out the FAFSA® form?
- What is the FAFSA® form?
- What will I need to fill out the FAFSA® form?
Help with the most common questions about the FAFSA® process.
- How do I correct my FAFSA® form?
- How do I add a college?
- How do I use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
- How do I view my Student Aid Report?
- How do I sign my FAFSA® form?
Help using the FSA ID—a username and password you use on Federal Student Aid websites.
- What is an FSA ID and will I need it to complete the FAFSA® form?
- What if I forgot my FSA ID username and password?
- I received an error that my name, date of birth, and Social Security number listed on my FAFSA® form do not match my FSA ID. What does that mean?
- How do I unlock my FSA ID?
Help with what happens after you submit your FAFSA® form.
- I submitted my FAFSA® form. What happens next?
- How do I check the status of my FAFSA® form?
- When can I expect to hear from my colleges about my financial aid package?
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?
Try this search.
|Chat with, email, or find a phone number for the Federal Student Aid Information Center.|