As a federally designated Performance-Based Organization, Federal Student Aid operates under a congressional mandate to achieve concrete results while improving performance. We continually strive to more effectively manage our programs and better serve our many customers. This is the motivating force behind our five strategic goals:
- Provide superior service and information to students and borrowers.
- Work to ensure that all participants in the system of postsecondary education funding serve the interests of students, from policy to delivery.
- Develop efficient processes and effective capabilities that are among the best in the private and public sectors.
- Ensure program integrity and safeguard taxpayers' interests.
- Develop FSA's performance culture and become one of the best places to work in the federal government.
Taken collectively, these goals provide the framework for continuous improvement at Federal Student Aid, providing clear strategic direction to all of Federal Student Aid's internal and external constituencies.
Our Five-Year Plan is a statement of strategic direction providing long-term guidance, based on these core goals.
The Annual Performance Report describes our annual tactical performance results, including the audited financial statements and our progress in meeting tactical goals.