If you need to make lower payments on your FFEL Program loans, this plan may be for you.
Eligible FFEL Program Loans
The following loans are eligible for the Income-Sensitive Repayment Plan:
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans
- FFEL PLUS Loans
- FFEL Consolidation Loans
Loans That Are Not Eligible
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans
Under this plan, your monthly payments
- increase or decrease based on your annual income and
- are made for a maximum period of 10 years.
Get More Information About This Plan
- If you have FFEL Program loans owned by the U.S. Department of Education, contact your loan servicer.
- If you have FFEL Program loans that are not owned by the U.S. Department of Education, contact your lender.
Not sure who owns your loans? Visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) to find out.