If School Starts Next Month
- Apply for federal, state, and school financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSASM).
- Ask the school you plan to attend what other financial help they can offer you: Do they have last-minute scholarships or payment plans available? Can you get a job on campus?
- Be sure to keep in touch with the school regarding any paperwork you need to turn in.
If School Starts Next Week
- Fill out your FAFSA immediately. The site has many options, including live chat with a customer service representative, to assist you as you complete the application.
- Talk to the financial aid office staff at the school you plan to attend. Ask whether there are other forms you need to complete, and find out how and when you will receive your financial aid.